‘Geographies of Risk’ podcast
Adom speaks with Environmental Dynamics Lab’s Dr Eli Lazarus about the project + survival plots that unfold in face of the hurricane
S2E7 – Dr Adom Philogene Heron: surviving storms
(recorded 18/11/21; aired 17/12/21)
- Dr Heron’s profile at Goldsmiths
- Article Surviving Maria from Dominica: Memory, displacement and bittersweet beginnings (Heron, 2018)
- The Caribbean Cyclone Cartography / Surviving Storms project
- On “plots” (part 1) Novel and history, plot and plantation (Wynter, 1971)
- On “plots” (part 2) Note(s) on Caribbean cosmology (Brathwaite, 1996)
- Twitter @Adom_PH || @CCCproject767
- See related – interview with Dr Gemma Sou (S1, E11)
About the GoR podcast:
This podcast is an effort to explore the extraordinary diversity of risk and its manifestations – in environmental, social, financial, economic, cultural, and health contexts, and the liminal spaces in which those contexts blur.
In these episodes, I speak with people who are investigating risk in different ways – in different fields and topics and settings, through different research methods, and from different theoretical and conceptual and empirical perspectives.
For other episodes see: https://envidynxlab.org/portfolio/geographies-of-risk-podcast/